Brett's first smile
So, I'm not doing so hot on keeping a daily update as I would have liked. Is this surprising? Not a bit!
Things are going well. Biggest update- Brett truly smiled at me yesterday for the first time. Don't get me wrong- he's technically been smiling since the hospital. And it's always been adorable. But what he'd be smiling at would be things like the lights, the blinds, and smiles that you'd think were genuine until they'd be followed by a strong release of gas. More recently we've discovered that he smiles when tickled and when you rub his head- he loves that!
But yesterday, I was singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" to him (not sure why) and he gave me a huge, genuine grin that took up his whole face and melted my heart.
It's really hard to believe that Brett's a month old. How time flies! Yet, it seems like he' s always been with us- it's already hard to imagine life without him. And Owen is such a fantastic big brother, you'd think he had never been an only child! He's so protective of Brett- any time Brett cries, Owen shouts out, "Mama! Brett's crying! Go get him!" He's gotten over his fear of holding him and now will proudly wrap his arms around him on the couch, though he doesn't dare touch him without our permission and supervision (wheeew!). "Hiiii, Bretty!" he'll say, as he gently strokes his head and puts his face right in front of Brett's.
Owen really is a kind, generous, sensitive soul. He's always the first to try to cheer me up when I'm upset, "Don't be sad, Mama!" and whenever he's naughty and is getting scolded, his first reaction is to cry and ask for a hug. He'll be the best party host someday. He notices whenever someone is out of anything on their plate or in their glass and offers them more of whatever is lacking. He's such a good, sweet boy.
Well, here I am again. Staying up way too late when if I were an intelligent person, I would have gone to bed a half an hour ago, when my friends left. However, it is a good thing that I stayed up because I was able to see my fellow former Skitso Nick Swardson on Conan O'Brien. It was pretty cool to see a guy I went to high school with, and acted with! sitting between Conan and Quentin Tarantino. I guess he's in Adam Sandler's new movie "Grandma's House"- I'll have to see that, if I ever get my movie-going privileges back. Or at least remember to rent the DVD!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home